When a tooth’s pulp (blood supply and nerve) becomes infected or inflamed, root canal treatment may be the only way to save the tooth and prevent infection.
It is possible for a tooth to die without causing pain, but only 35% of the time. The other 65% of the patients will know, without a doubt, that there is a serious problem developing. With regular visits to your general dentist, you can detect the need for a root canal before you have to endure harsh symptoms.
Root canal treatment consists of removing the infected or dead pulp that lies within the root of the tooth and then sealing the canal space to prevent infection of the bone around the tooth.
The Stutsman Dental team will help you with the treatment of most teeth requiring root canals, and use the services of an endodontic specialist for all complicated cases requiring specialized treatment.
How is Root Canal Treatment Performed?
If Dr. Stutsman finds that your inner tooth is infected, you have two choices to protect your smile: extraction and replacement or root canal therapy. Root canal therapy can save you money, time, and of course, your natural tooth!
During a root canal, your dentist will remove the injured pulp and thoroughly clean the root canal system. He or she will seal the root canals with a rubbery material and then fortify the tooth with a crown or filling.
When you undergo a root canal treatment, you will be given a local anesthetic to prevent pain or discomfort. You can also choose to use sedation dentistry to increase your relaxation throughout the process.
Once your short recovery time is over, you will enjoy a healthier, pain-free smile that no longer threatens your long-term health.
hort recovery time is over, you will enjoy a healthier, pain-free smile that no longer threatens your long-term health.
Come See Us Today
Stutsman Dentistry proudly offers gentle and successful root canal treatment in Goshen, Indiana. We are passionate about making your procedure comfortable and efficient. Give us a call to schedule your consultation today!